Below are some home security tips for you to consider.
- Never allow strangers to handle keys or look at key numbers, as these can be reproduced
- Ensure your children know how to act around strangers and how to open a door with the latch secured
- Don't put your name on your mailbox as thieves may be able to track your contact number and call to see if you are home. Also ensure you can lock your mailbox
- Be careful not to advertise recent purchases (such as a new television) when disposing of rubbish
- When moving to a new home, ensure all locks are changed and remotes are reprogrammed, to prevent anyone with keys gaining access
- Lock tools such as axes, spades and ladders away when not in use, as these can be used to break in or in an attack
- Do not enter your house if you are unsure about the security status of your home when returning from work - for example if your dogs are not coming to your gate
- Teach your children how to use a panic button and make sure they know where it is located
- Teach your children to lock the front door as soon as it is closed behind them
For more tips and information, visit our blog page.